John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a Franklin chef fim200. When you turn it on it starts

Customer Question

I have a Franklin chef fim200. When you turn it on it starts to pump water. After about a minute the selanoid opens and dumps the water out the drain. Is the selanoid sticking?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I doubt that the solenoid is the problem, since it both opens and closes electrically. I'll search for the necessary technical information I need to help you, and I'll get back to you. Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Check the drain plug for tightness. If it's snug, remove it and inspect the threads for damage, which allows the water to drain out. If you find damage, replace the plug. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $1.20.

If the drain checks out OK, replace the control board. It's ending the fill cycle too soon. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $135.00.

You can purchase the parts you need at www.fixice.com.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.