Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have Bosch dishwasher - only 3-4 months old -

Customer Question

I have Bosch dishwasher - only 3-4 months old - SMS50D08AU/36 - won't go on - red lights flashing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am GURU an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and perosnally did not receive that money. The only way I am credited is when you use the STAR/VOTE RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. Lastly when we are done please post to me that you would like me "GURU" credited before supply the rating so there is no confusion on the tech to be credited for the question. Thank you!

What lights exactly are flashing on the unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The red LED lights on the front panel

All I see is 0:29 in the pics

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
they are the only ".lights" on the dishwasher and these are flashing

OK shut the power off to the dishwasher at the circuit breaker for a minute and turn it back on see if that clears it

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No change.....

SO it just flashes 0:29

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ok there is nothing in the service manual showing that as an error, does the door click and lock closed and can you set anything other settings at all?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There was some water in the pan - I have now taken it out. Settings work fine - lights are still flashing and it won't turn on

Ok when you say water in the pan do you mean water under the unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No - in the drain? See pic

There is always a little bit of water in the sump, does the pump or anything run?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't turn it on to know!

I think you have a board issue, the unit is still under warranty and if you turned the power off at the breaker for a full minute and it still lit up instantly with the 29 I would call for warranty service as the board is likely out on the unit.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU