John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My front load washer was running fine. This evening it

Customer Question

My front load washer was running fine. This evening it started beeping and flashing different numbers. I tried to turn it off but it wouldn't shut off. The lights are all off accept the door lock one and it just hums
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The hum is the drain pump, it is trying to evacuate the water. The door will not unlock if the water has not drained out. So, we need to see why it is not draining. Do you have a model number of the washer? If not, is the front panel two pieces, with a gap at the door bottom, or one solid panel?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Xhp1000xw0
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its a maytag maxima
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

That is the model of the pedestal. The tag for the washer is...behind the locked door. Is the front panel two pieces, with a gap at the door bottom, or one solid panel?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just send me answer
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

There are two different answers, depending on what style front you have! I cannot help you if you are not willing to work with me to provide the information I need.

Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 10 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave. If the washer still senses water in the washer or thinks it has overfilled it will try to drain for up to 12 minutes before it unlocks the door. This will also happen if the waster is turned off or is coming in very slowly. Has thee was been left to try to drain at least 12 minutes?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry to bother you gentle men neither of you were much help will calll someone in am.

Sorry but we were trying to save you money so you wouldn't need to call anyone. You are the only one we can ask these questions to be able to help you determine the problem.