Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

The auto and check light are on but no power to fridge or

Customer Question

the auto and check light are on but no power to fridge or inside light and fridge not working. All fuses are good.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

If the check light is on, there has to be at least 12 VDC to the board. Do you have it set on "Auto" or on another mode? This be caused by a number of things depending on what mode you have. It can be a board issue or one with just the LP side or just the AC side or both. Are you plugged into shore power or not? Get back to me with more about the circumstances and I can help you sort this out. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

I am attaching a link to the Dometic Service Manual which we will use for trouble shooting on this. Print out a copy so you have it as there is a lot of good information in there. Having a 12 VDC test light OR a small digital mulltimeter is very helpful here for sorting out the cause.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Both lights stay on in either auto or gas mode but fridge does nothing,the light inside doesn't even come on. Its plugged into the house and it's the same if unplugged for LP use. I have purged the gas lines
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

That is usually the control board IF it won't come on in either mode, but it can be the upper control board on the front. Only testing can tell you. See that manual link I have you. It lists the causes and shows you how to test this. Most shops can test the main board for you. OR it can be a bad heating element or blown fuse on the side and then a bad ignitor on the LP side. Again.......testing is the only way to tell what the problem is.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

If you have a small digital multimeter we can do some quick tests and track this down. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks but wont be able to do this until tomorrow afternoon. Can I get back with you on this?
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Sure.............just Bookmark this and you can come right back to it again. I am on here every day.

Expert:  Randall replied 6 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need some additional input from me?