Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Can't get the washer to start again. Had a load an got an

Customer Question

Can't get the washer to start again. Had a load an got an err code DL. Reset the dryer back to factory default settings. Can't get the washer to start again. The drum has water in it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Washer won't drain.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

One moment while I look up your error please.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

To start, the error code "F dL" means that your door lock has failed. Whether you hear the lock trying to latch or not, the latch will need to be replaced to fix this problem. This will definitely stop your washer from starting. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.