John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The fridge of my GE profile refrigerator doesn't cool. The

Customer Question

The fridge of my GE profile refrigerator doesn't cool. The evaporator coil freezes up, there doesn't seem to be any air flow through the unit. The evap drain is clear, and the coil fan underneath is running well.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: The refrigerant coil is a bit dirty, but I can feel air moving through it. After defrosting, I turned the unit back on for a while, immediately started freezing the evaporator. It gets cold enough in the freezer, but again I feel no air circulating, nothing coming thru to the fridge, though the passage is clear.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section so I can better assist you?