Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My GE Profile model pye22pshss Refrigerator keeps loosing

Customer Question

My GE Profile model pye22pshss Refrigerator keeps loosing power to the main section. The light on the front panel still works, but there is no power to the interior and the water dispenser does not work. Reseting the breaker for the refrigerator makes it work again, but then it does it again. What can I do ??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

If resetting the breaker gets the refrigerator working again, that means that you don't have a bad connection. This means that you just have a bad main control board. Nothing else would cause these symptoms where the interior lights would be affected and the dispenser stops working. You'll need to order and replace the main control board located on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel. The part number for the control board is WR55X26529 and it costs about $150 or so.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.