Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We finished cooking pizza in our oven and I turned it off. A

Customer Question

We finished cooking pizza in our oven and I turned it off. A couple of minutes later I heard a sound and looked over at the oven. The sound I heard was the oven locking. It had a code saying "E2 F3". I unplugged the oven and let it cool down. After about an hour I plugged the oven back in. About 15 minutes later I heard the oven lock again and the same "E2 F3" code was displayed. The oven was also heating up like it was starting the self clean option. I have once again unplugged the oven. My oven is a Whirlpool Gold.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Answer:

That is a overheat code meaning the sensor on the unit is either bad or the main clock board is bad. You need to check the temperature sensor probe with an ohm meter for 1080 ohm at room temp 77 degrees. If it reads in range replace the board, if not replace the temperature sensor.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU