Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My name is regena and my insinkerator just stopped working.

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** my insinkerator just stopped working. does it need cleaning?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its making a buzzing sound when ii try to turn it on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Regina either the unit is bad or jambed. You need to get an 1/4" ALLEN wrench and go under the unit in the center the wrench will fit into the center and you should be able to turn the wrench all the way in a circle if it is free of a jamb. If it does not move you may have something jambed in the unit or the unit is seized and bad. There is a red reset button also under the unit that is likely tripped and you will need to push that back in to try it again once you get it freed up with the wrench. If you see any signs of water or corrosion out the bottom of the motor under it the unit is bad and will definitely need to be replaced. Happy Easter!

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU