Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Frigidaire LGHS2667KPO has been shutting off and on past

Customer Question

Hello, My Frigidaire LGHS2667KPO has been shutting off and on for the past few weeks. It will usually shut off and on about 10 times and then it stays on. It does not seem to affect the temp of the freezer or fridge, but makes a super annoying beeping sound. The entire fridge shuts off like someone is pulling the plug and then plugging it back in. I am trying to figure out what part needs to be replaced.Thanks! Becky
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It first started shutting off and on 1x/day - it is now doing it multiple times per day. The entire fridge will shut off and then turn back on quickly about 10 times and then it stays on - we know it is happening because it beeps every time it shuts off and turns back on, the control panel is blank and it is not running.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Answer:

That issue is very common you need to replace the main board under the unit. The capacitors are failing on the board. You can change them out with a soldering gun if you are handy but you will need to do one or the other VERY SOON or you will lose everything. It is part #50 at this link for your unit. It is right under the unit behind the front kick grill.

CLICK HERE

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU