Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Our GE Profile Self-Cleaning Convection Range flashed F9

Customer Question

our GE Profile Self-Cleaning Convection Range flashed F9 then turned off during cooking. The door is now locked and we have more than $150 worth of food stuck inside over cooking. Unplugging and flipping the breaker changed nothing. Is there a manual way to get the locking mechanism to open?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Fashion an L hook with a wire hanger. Place the short side in between the door and the oven, just right of center and drag left. That should hook the latch (pictured at link below) and allow door to open. I will get you information on the F9 error, too.

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The F9 error is a cooling fan/overheat error. Is the oven very hot?

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

See the attached page.

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.