Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My name is ***** *****. I have an LG wm3001hwa washing

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have an LG wm3001hwa washing machine that wasn't draining. I've removed the washer pump, the washer pump motor, and the washer drain pump. The pump motor and the washer drain pump look completely identical and I can't tell it either still works or not or now which one goes on which side and there doesn't appear to be any specific part numbers on either part to differentiate the two? Are the parts exactly the same and would I be safe to put them back on the washer pump or either side?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's pretty much everyting. I would like to know if there is a way to tell if either the pump motor or drain pump is broken or not working and if the pump motor or drain pump are exactly the the same part or if there is a way to tell which part goes on which side of the washer pump?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

The drain pump and recirculating pump look the same but are different. They are parts K340 and K345 at this link

CLICK HERE

The right one when looking at it is the drain pump and the left one is the recirculating pump. You can test it for power when setting the unit to drain and spin to see if the right one runs and the left one should run when it is full of water and washing.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Since I've already taken both of them off I can't tell which one goes on which side. I can't tell which part is K 340 or K 345 ? I've attached pictures so you can see what I am working with. The only difference I can see is a different number on each of the parts that I circled in red. The stickers on each part I've been told have nothing to do with the part number and don't tell me which is which. Are you able to tell from these pictures which one goes on the right and which one goes on the left? And is there a way to tell if they are broken with how the fan spins while the parts are off? I really want to make sure I'm not putting the wrong one on the wrong side.

The slightly smaller one goes to the left side port