Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Gfdr480efoww dryer has dim panel and won't respond to some

Customer Question

Gfdr480efoww dryer has dim panel and won't respond to some touch commands, panel reads 8 min. And turns off after a few minutes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately you just have a bad user interface control board. This board has been re-designed and shouldn't fail again in the future but the part is about $317 so it's a very expensive part. This is a fairly new dryer so if it's less than a year, call warranty and they will replace the part at no charge. If it's older than a year, below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for new user interface control

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.