Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a monogram side by side refrig/freezer. All of a

Customer Question

I have a monogram side by side refrig/freezer. All of a sudden the freezer door is not sealing properly. The door closes, but sticks out about an 1/8 of an inch more than the refrig. Door. What is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Good morning. If the door won't shut completely the first thing you want to do is removing all the food and shelves out of the freezer including the ice bucket and anything on the door. This will ensure 100% there isn't a problem with something pushing on the door when it's being closed. Now if the door still won't hold shut, try to heat up the door seal with a hair dryer to reform the door seal so it can pull the door a bit tighter. Other than that if it still isn't working, something is wrong with either the top or bottom door hinge and maybe you can loosen some bold and re-align the door or maybe the hinges just need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?