Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I bought a side by side refrigerator last night it was

Customer Question

I bought a side by side refrigerator last night it was working fine!...I transported it on it side..and it was that way for a couple of hours!....Not knowing....I plugged it up!..But nothing happened! No compressor, No fans!!.However interior lights are working!...Is it destroyed...or is there something I can do? Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So first, laying it on it's side could be a big problem but you won't know until you get the unit at least running again with fan operational and such. Laying it down on it's side can cause refrigeration oil to cause a restriction in the sealed system but you won't know until you get the refrigerator running.

Now you said that nothing is working so this is a different issue. The unit could just be in defrost mode so give the unit an hour and if it doesn't kick on with fans and such, check the wire connections through the top freezer door hinge as well as to the main control board on the back of the refrigerator behind the 8" x 10" sheet metal panel. If you find nothing loose or wrong, your main control control board just needs to be replaced. Sometimes just jostling the board from movement or transportation can cause it to fail. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Checked the wiring at the top freezer hinge and the circuit board on the back....everything looks as if its where it should be.Dont have a multi meter..but Im plugging it up again an giving it an hour to see if its in defrost mode!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Alright, well if it still doesn't turn on, somehow the board failed when transporting it so the board would just need to be replaced. Good luck!