Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Low fan speed overspeed

Customer Question

low fan speed overspeed
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

This error you're experiencing means that the cooling fan isn't running up to speed anymore unfortunately. There is a sensor built into the fan and if it either runs too fast or too slow, it tells the control board to shut the unit down and tells you there is an error. The cooling fan will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve this issue and unfortunately it's mounted on the back of your oven toward the top of the oven cavity. That unfortunately means you'll need to pull the entire microwave oven combo out of the wall and remove the back sheet metal panel in order to access and replace this part. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model. It costs about $95.

CLICK HERE for cooling fan motor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?