Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator, Model #

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator, Model # ***** which I bought from Sears 2 1/2 years ago (June 2013). I have gotten an error code "er FF."
JA: Huh?
Customer: What does this mean exactly? I went on google and people have said just to unplug the refrigerator and wait 30 seconds and plug it back in...which I have done. What is the problem with this code?
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Kenmore Elite Bottom Freezer Refrigerator, Model. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Yesterday I had two message on the refrigerator: one was to change the air filter (which I did) and the other was to change the water filter (which I should never have to do since my water is filtered under the sink through a tank, which then feeds into the refrigerator.) Once i changed the air filter, both messages went away. But today when I came home, I had the er FF message.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Customer: It also is making a strange sound.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The error you are seeing is telling you that the control sees an issue with the fan in the freezer. If you unplug it and the error clears and you hear the fan running in the freezer, the issue may have been corrected. If the error returns, you may have a faulty control board (very common) or an faulty fan motor (not very common). Let me know what happens after the unplugging.