Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

I have a Bosch wfr 2460 washing machine, about ten years

Customer Question

Good morning. I have a Bosch wfr 2460 washing machine, about ten years old. The drum stopped spinning. In diagnostic mode, when engaging the motor test, it gives an error 10 (drum not spinning!). I hear a hum/noise from the motor area both before and after the error code is displayed, until I turn the machine to off. At first I thought it was the drain pump, but I assume it could only be the motor in this test mode. Am I right in assuming it is the motor that's the problem, not the control board? Thank you for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 7 months ago.

Hello, you're right that the motor is faulty. The board is sending power to the motor. On these the units the motor is what normally fails. Double check all the wire connections on the motor. If one of them is loose, this could happen. Replace the motor to fix this problem. I work on the honor system here at Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answers positively. Rating my answer positively pays me for my answer or answers. Please remember to rate my answers positively before you log off. Thank you