Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool washing machine Whirlpool Cabrio HE Model #

Customer Question

Whirlpool washing machine
Whirlpool Cabrio HE
Model # *****
Serial # *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

The only thing that really runs and would rattle during the spin cycle is the drain pump. I would remove the drain pump and check for any debris inside. Below is a link to the pump so you know what you're looking for. Just tip the unit backwards to access it.

CLICK HERE for drain pump

If you find nothing inside, then unplug the drain pump and run a spin cycle to see if the noise is gone. If the noise is gone, replace the drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there is 2 pumps under there. As I look under from the front - I know the pump on the left was where the noise was coming from ... is that the one to pull the power cable from?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Yes, disconnect the wire going to the left if you remove the pump and find nothing inside. The left one is your recirculation pump. The right one is the drain pump.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?