Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I JUST RECIEVED AN IGNITER FROM SEARS ON MY MODEL STOVE I

Customer Question

I JUST RECIEVED AN IGNITER FROM SEARS ON MY MODEL STOVE I CANT SEEM TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET AT THE SCREWS AND TAKE IT OUT AND THE BACK IS ONE PIECE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

The screws that hold the igniter are under the bake burner which means you must remove the entire bake burner to access and remove the screws. You'll need to unplug the oven, open the door, and remove the screws going into the floor inside the oven. Remove the floor and remove the heat shield below that. That will expose the bake burner and igniter. Remove the screws mounting the front of the bake burner and then remove the drawer below the oven. Remove the screws going into the bracket holding the back of the back burner from underneath the oven. Then the bake burner should pull up so you can unscrew and replace the igniter.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?