Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an Amana First Edition/Insta-broil/self cleaning gas

Customer Question

I have an Amana First Edition/Insta-broil/self cleaning gas stove/oven. I thought I'd clean a bit deeper than just on the surface. I removed the grate and round cap...seeing two screws on the burner....I removed them and pulled up on the burner. It's got an angled gas tube and the igniter wire. I unplugged the igniter and pulled up on the burner assy. Sounded like a good idea.....NOPE. I can't seem to get the angled gas pipe back into position so I can reassemble. How do I raise the top or get the burner and pipe back into place. My name is ***** ***** I'm generally a good mechanic....but sometimes do dumn things as in this case. 66 and retired and couldn't leave well enough alone.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So to get under the cooktop, you'll now need to remove all the screws going into each burner base. Once they are all removed try to lip up on the top toward the front. If the top doesn't hing up and back, there are 2 hidden metal spring clips in the seam between the front control panel and the top panel. They will be about 3-5 inches from the sides of the stove. Use a putty knife to push back on these hidden metal spring clips inside the seam and that will release the top panel so it can hinge up and backwards so that you can re-assemble things below the cooktop.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?