Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I've got an older model kenmore front load washer. The door

Customer Question

Hello. I've got an older model kenmore front load washer. The door won't open. All water is out. I've reached up inside and can't find the tab to open manually. I can even see the label on the part. Number###-##-####
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. I can't find any serial number because i think it's inside the door
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It keeps coming up as a firgidaire when I type in parts numbers. Maybe they're owned by the same company.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.

Hi there I am Joel and I will be helping you this evening,

That is a Frigidaire washer door lock and they do not have the manual release tab like the whirlpool models, basically to get the door open you have to yank the door open and it will most likely break the door lock but you are gonna have to replace it anyhow because its bad that is why the door will not open now.

Try killing power to the unit for about 10 minutes and plug it back in and hit cancel or stop, and if the door does not release then the door lock is bad. give me a moment and I will get you the replacement door lock, thanks.

Door Lock###-##-####- click here

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime:

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed, thanks so much!

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, is there something else I can help you with or did you just forget to rate the answer?