Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Kenmore front load washer and I'm getting an F01

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore front load washer and I'm getting an F01 error code. It has been unplugged due to a drain issue that we resolved, but now getting the electrical error. What do I need to do to resolve this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

That error means that the control board is failing internally, power surges or software glitch can cause this error on occasion and can be reset by killing power to the unit for 10 minutes and then plugging it back in, you want to leave it unplugged that long because it gives all the capacitors in the unit time to drain and resets the control board. If the problem continues after that then the main control board has faulted and needs to be replaced:

Washer Electronic Control Board

Part #: W10160262 click here

Its located right under the washer lid on the right side of the unit.

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed, thanks so much!

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I can put this question on my completed list. Thank you for your immediate attention in taking

care of this.

If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating or feel I deserve a negative please let me know.