Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Motor 279787 dryer it says to remove the blue wire from the

Customer Question

Motor 279787 for a dryer it says to remove the blue wire from the motor winding to the overload and connect to the male terminal of the jump wire. What does this mean
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

If your machine has a large, white connector on the motor harness and not individual wires, you should not need to do that and just simply plug the new motor in.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.