Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Rick, I'm ***** *****. Samsung washer won't drain. Samsung

Customer Question

Hi Rick, I'm ***** *****. Samsung washer won't drain.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Samsung model wa400pjhdwr. I used it earlier today just fine. Then just now it stopped midcycle -- with a different beep than usual -- tub is full of water. I stopped, turned off power, tried to restart spin cycle only -- nothing happens.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So you'll want to remove all the water with a wet vac or a cup and bucket inside the tub and remove all the clothes. Unplug the washer and any water that you don't remove will come out the bottom of the washer when you remove the drain pump because you're going to need to remove the drain pump below the washer tub in order to check for a blockage in the pump itself. If you find nothing, then you need to replace the drain pump which has been completely re-designed and comes with new wiring harness and hoses and such. Below is a link to the drain pump you'd need to order and replace for your model. Again, remove as much water as you possibly can before removing the drain pump because once you remove that drain pump, any remaining water you can't get to will come pouring out so have lots of towels ready or a 5 gallon bucket or something like that. Just tip the washer backwards at a 45 degree angle or so to access underneath and remove the pump. If you find a blockage, just remove the debris and re-assemble and hopefully you're good to go without replacing the pump.

CLICK HERE for drain pump assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?