Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Sharp microwave model R851ZS CONTINUE TO REUN AFTER YOU OPEN

Customer Question

sharp microwave model R851ZS CONTINUE TO REUN AFTER YOU OPEN LIGHT IS NOT ON
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If the microwave continues to run when you open the door but the light is not on, it means that one of your 3 door switches has failed or the display board has failed. There are 3 door switches behind the front frame of the microwave for safety reasons (instead of just 1 like on an oven). You would need to take the microwave apart and test each of the 3 switches when you open and close the door to determine if one of them is bad. If they all check good, you'd need to replace the display board because it has a stuck relay. Otherwise just replace the faulty switch and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?