Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dryer Model # ywED9151yWO serial M22607119 I turn the power

Customer Question

dryer Model # *****
serial M22607119
I turn the power on. then push start button, dryer runs for 5 seconds then stops. Lights remain on and from time to time dryer starts on its own for a couple o seconds then stops
Can i fix without parts ?
Richard 1-***-***-****
Regina
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately this is not something you can fix without parts. If the dryer is running and then it stops and then it'll start up on it's own later for a few seconds at a time, it means that your motor is either overheating and shutting down, or the relay on your motor relay control board isn't strong enough to hold shut and the relay control board will need to be replaced. If you wanted to test power with a multimeter, you'd need to test between P9-1 (blue wire) and P8-4 (tan wire) on the relay control board. You should have 110 volts when the motor should be running. This board is mounted to the left side wall above the dryer drum so you'll need to remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off to access the board.

If you're losing power when the motor stops (and should be running), replace the control board. If you're not losing power then you need to replace the motor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?