Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

When everything is off, the right side of my oven is still

Customer Question

When everything is off, the right side of my oven is still far above ambient temperature (hours later it feels like it is on a low temp of 200 or so). Also, oven reading does not match thermometer. Same Ktichenaid range as last inquiry where board was replaced.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am paying my handyman to be present with the repair person. I am ill and 400 miles away. Can you look by my just answer info at your last communication from last month? PLEASE! Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just found it in the other string from the paid & tipped question.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please confirm that you rec' the model info an will be providing resolution info for the hot right side and deviation in temp.

Yes I got the model number!

And yes on the right side about 10-12 inches off the floor on the right rear is the main power relay board that has the control transformer on it .

anytime the unit is plugged in the power relay board is powered and using electricity .the heat that is present is from the Transformer .

That is normal .

please remember that I assist more then just one person at a time! so it takes me time to look information up for each customer and reply back to each and every one ,one at a time

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The Thermador range in my primary home doesn't do anything like this- is this running up my elec bill? Running 200 degrees 24/7 is normal for Kitchenaid??
What about the temp variation?

Just like cars different manufactures build and locate components in different locations.

Your Thermador range may not have the components located in the same location as this model does.

It is not running up your electric bill but as with any appliance be it a TV ,Stereo , washer , dryer ,dishwasher, Refrigerator ,range or any electronic appliance as long as it is plugged in and not turned on it is still using a small amount of electricity .

These appliances are what is called STAND BY having power ,and powering the control board just waiting for you to power them up the rest of the way ,by pressing a button

the transformer is powered up and will produce heat no way around that as long as it is plugged in it will be powered .

Do you still need assistance on your question?

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.