Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We have a frigidare ice maker on our fridge but cant get it

Customer Question

we have a frigidare ice maker on our fridge but cant get it make ice as ice tray does not fill up with water I have changed out the pump so it is not that
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The fill tube that brings the water into the ice maker may be frozen or the ice maker is faulty. The easiest way to diagnose it is to manually fill the ice maker with water. If it drops cubed but does not fill again, the fill tube is probably plugged since the valve was replaced. If it does not drop the cubes, provided the freezer is at least 15* F or colder, the ice maker is faulty. If you find that to be the case, the ice maker for your model is available below. Be sure to inspect the fill tube at the back of the ice maker for an ice blockage, though!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Is the control thermostat turned on? The lights and fan will run even if the thermostat is turned off.