Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We just recently bought our home, which has a GE built in

Customer Question

we just recently bought our home, which has a GE built in oven. Somehow, we missed this before, but the black panel cover is warped. the buttons all work just fine, but it doesn't look good and I don't know if it will get any worse. I assume the previous owners must have broiled with the door open, but don't know this. can it be replaced?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no, that is it, I think.
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So yes, unless the part was discontinued, the control panel can be replaced. If you have a full model number I can look up the part you'd need to order and replace for your model number. The model should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door. The part is usually about $200-300 I will warn you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ridiculous!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it's a really expensive part but I hope you understand I can't control prices any more than you can. All I can do is tell you what is needed and help you fix the problem.