Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I own a Frigidaire GLEB27t 8cba double wall oven. The top, when selecting bake the boiler

Customer Question

I own a Frigidaire GLEB27t 8cba double wall oven. The top, when selecting bake the boiler element comes on instead of the baking element. On the bottom oven the boiler element doesn't work but ohms says it's good. Also when you put light bulbs in they may last a day.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Good morning. So unfortunately the only thing that can cause your first issue is the relay control board for the upper oven. That would need to be replaced so below is a link to the part and it's about $200. CLICK HERE for upper oven relay control board For the bottom oven issue, if the unit still bakes like normal but the broil element won't come on during broil and you're sure the broil element checks good, that also can only be caused by the relay control board. But unfortunately it's not the same relay control board, there is a separate control board for the bottom oven specifically so below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for lower oven relay control board Now as for the lights burning out in less than a day, that means that the lights either have a bad connection with the socket or you're using the wrong bulbs. The lights must be frosted with a gold base. These are not the same bulbs you can just pick up at a hardware store so below is a link to the bulbs you'd need for your oven if you're not ordering the correct ones. Non frosted bulbs or silver bases will just keep burning out. If you are using these type of bulbs already and they keep burning out, you will want to go to an electronics store and get contact grease to rub onto the metal base of the bulb so it makes better contact with the receptacle. CLICK HERE for oven bulbs We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?