Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Lg bottom freezer model LBC22520. fridge section works fine

Customer Question

lg bottom freezer model LBC22520 . fridge section works fine but freezer stays at the same temp. as the fridge. as though its all just one refrigrator.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Answer:

There is a good chance the unit is low on freon and has a leak. You need to remove the rear panel inside the freezer section. Check the frosting on the evaporator if only a small section of the aluminum evaporator is frosted or frosty looking and the rest is bare aluminum you have a leak and the unit is low on freon. This is a common issue on that unit as they have had a lot of bad evaporators leaking causing that issue.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU