Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Self cleaning gas range - the panel says LOC and nothing on

Customer Question

self cleaning gas range - the panel says LOC and nothing on the panel responds
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

The number you have listed is actually a serial number. With a model number I could look up and see exactly what buttons you need to press and hold to reset the control lock. LOC means that your unit is in control lock mode which is why the panel won't respond. You should just need to press and hold the control lock button or 0 and 9 if you have those buttons to remove the control lock so that you can use the control panel again and set the self clean cycle.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.