Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a bosch she3ar56uc/07 dishwasher that stopped in mid

Customer Question

I have a bosch she3ar56uc/07 dishwasher that stopped in mid cycle before getting to empty the detergent bin. After opening the door the control panel lights have never come on again.
I know that there is nothing wrong with the wall outlet, it is a constant power source and the garbage disposal starts when plugged into the outlet. My voltage tester indicated that the power cord was delivering power to the terminal block.
I had some repairmen out but, unfortunately did not seem to be very familiar with the Bosch line. They suspected the upper door lock was not working properly because you could pull the door open very easily. This is typical of Bosch's. I removed the dishwasher and observed from above that the spring does get tripped and the lock goes down into the door latch sensor. When you pull open the door the door look returns to its untriggered position.
I tested the on/off switch for continuity at an electrical repair shop and we determined that the on/off switch is working properly.
I ordered a new door latch sensor and replaced the old with the new and still no lights come on the electronic control board for tuning the dishwasher on/off, different cycles, sanitize,...etc.
At this point, and having read another individuals post you answered, whether I should next attempt to replace the electronic control board in the handle or the power unit at the bottom right under the tub.
Is there anyway to test either of these two parts before ordering one of them. I hate to just order parts blindly.
Thank you for your help in advance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Without power to the machine, there really is no way to test the electronics. You have tested everything you can and verified okay. The main board in the back lower right corner is the power board and most likely to be faulty. I would start with that board. The company below allows returns on installed parts, so I would take advantage of that return policy on this issue.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The logic sounds reasonable and repair clinic is who I ordered the door latch sensor from. I will order this part and try it. If this is the solution I will provide the highest of ratings. Unfortunately the last part took about a week to get here and suspect it will be the same for the control board. So far so good. Always nice to have a second opinon.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for following up. As mentioned earlier it takes about a week for the part to reach my area of the country. Still waiting on part and hoping to get it at least by Friday and install it over the weekend. Again, if it is the solution I shall provide the highest rating. And again, thank you for following up.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Sorry for the confusion, those replies go up automatically unless I shut it off and I forgot to disable it on your question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No problem.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Rating of this question is on hold for the moment. Received and installed the control board at the bottom right of the dishwasher. Absolutely no effect on any of the conditions. Still dead in the water. Will now order the contorl panel that resides behind the buttons on the front panel. If that doesn't work I'm shitcanning the dishwasher.