Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My dishwasher turns on when the door is fully open (i.e.

Customer Question

My dishwasher turns on when the door is fully open (i.e. parallel to the floor), but as soon as I get it about halfway closed (i.e. 45 degrees from floor) it completely shuts off and all the lights go out. I've taken the outer shell off the door and have confirmed that when this is standing straight up (mimicking a closed door position) the lights remain on, but as soon as I begin to close the main door, it shuts off again. Any thoughts on what could be happening?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Either you have a bad wire or a bad control board inside your control panel. Check right down by the door hinge and see if any wires are broken, typically if you have a broken wire it's right down by the door hinge where the wires flex back and forth. If you don't see a bad wire anywhere and you're getting good power to the dishwasher at the junction box below, your control board would need to be replaced because something is loose inside.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?