John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I cannot change the language from French to English. I can

Customer Question

I cannot change the language from French to English. I can find the main menu nor "user settings" on the touchpad.
Also, icemaker stopped working after some fiddled with th touch pad. What do you suggest?
Refrigerator is an 8 week old french door with bottom freezer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

So your saying that on the door control you do not have a USER SETTINGS button at all?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No.
On the touchscreen are 5 buttons on the bottom: on/off, lock/unlock, water express water, cubes and light. Above these is a rectangular screen with 2 buttons on each side, unlabeled. When any are touched, options to change the temp of the applianace, sabbath settings, etc appear. Language is not an option.

ok this is what the models use and care booklet shows on page #10 .

The control center allows you to set user preferences, if desired. Language The language preference allows you to change the control panel display to English, French or Spanish.

1. On the main menu, press the touch pad next to “User Settings.”

2. Press the touch pad next to “Select Language.”

3. Press the touch pad next to either “Mettre En Français” or “Cambiar En Español.” Press the touch pad next to “Confirm” to lock in the setting and return to the main menu.

So it is a touch pad next to user setting!

So is that one of the unmarked buttons?

Of course the manufacture is too cheap to show a photo of the control .

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I read that.
There is no "main menu" nor does the manual tell me how to get there.
I have never seen "user settings" on the screen.
I only am asked to reset the temperature of the freezer and refrigerator.

ok so is the temperature in Celsius?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Its farenheit: ref is 38, freezer is 0
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is still under warrantee. I will ask for a service call. Thank you for your help.

ok so then the languge is correct .

Here is how to change the temperature.

For your convenience, your temperature controls are preset at the factory. When you first install your refrigerator, make sure the controls are still set to the recommended set points.

■ Press the touch pad next to “FRESH FOOD TEMP” on the main menu to display the current set point of the compartment. Press the touch pad next to “WARMER” or “COLDER” to adjust the set point to the recommended 38°F.

Press the touch pad next to “Done” to lock in the setting.

■ Press the touch pad next to “FREEZER TEMP” on the main menu to display the current set point of the compartment. Press the touch pad next to “WARMER” or “COLDER” to adjust the set point to the recommended 0°F. Press the touch pad next to “Done” to lock in the setting

will it then change the set temperature for you!

ok so then you giving up ?

And use and care is NOT covered under warranty they will charge you a service call to come out!

check page #18 the warranty

ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY #2 2. Service calls to correct the installation of your major appliance, to instruct you on how to use your major appliance, to replace or repair house fuses, or to correct house wiring or plumbing.