Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

We have an amana refrigerator about 14 years old that

Customer Question

We have an amana refrigerator about 14 years old that started to freeze some things in the fridge. We looked in the owners manual and followed the instructions for cleaning the coils and underneath from both front and rear. Things seemed fine and is started freezing some things again. We have lowered the cooling setting down to 3 from the original 5 and see if this helps. Model number is *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.

Hi there I am Joel and will be helping you with this today,

You need to replace both the temperature sensors in the unit there is one in the freezer and one in the refrigerator replacing both will save you from having problems with one or the other in the future, just buy 2 of these:

Refrigerator Temperature Sensor

Part #: 12002355 - click here

If you only want to replace one then replace the one in the refrigerator section to fix your issue of the refrigerator getting too cold.

here is a video that shows how to replace both of them:

click here

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate or vote for my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.

After rating/voting for my service you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just one of the technicians on the site that is here to help answer your question. If you feel my answer has been informative and has helped you then please be sure to rate my service at this time.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

If you want to rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.