Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Last evening in the middle of preparing a dinner, my

Customer Question

Last evening in the middle of preparing a dinner for guests, my Jenn-Air Model SVE87600 oven began beeping and the word PROBE began to flash on the left side of the oven temperature display screen. It beeped and flashed for about 50 minutes and ceased. What does it mean? I was not using any probe in the ducks I was roasting.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

PROBE means that your oven thinks your meat sensor probe was plugged into your receptacle on the side wall inside the oven cavity. Now the heat can cause the receptacle to act up over time, or the receptacle might have a little oil or something splatter inside. Unplug the stove and use a Q-tip with white vinegar to clean inside the meat probe receptacle. Let it dry and then try the oven again. If it still acts up, you'll need to order and replace the receptacle because it's just starting to fail.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?