Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model MEDC700VW0, any tips on removing the old door switch

Customer Question

For Maytag Model MEDC700VW0, any tips on removing the old door switch and installing the new one?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Sure thing. To get inside this dryer you must remove the top panel. So to start, you'll want to pull the dryer forward and unplug it.

1. Slide a putty knife under the left and right end caps on the control panel coming in from the front. There are 2 hidden metal spring clips below the end caps that you must push backwards and then the control panel will hinge up and back.

2. Remove the 3 screws along the back of the top panel and the top panel will slide forward a bit and pull up and off.

3. There are 2 hidden spring clips between the lower front panel and the upper front panel in the seam. Use a putty knife or flat head screwdriver to push into the seam and pry these clips down. The lower front panel will then unclip at the top and hinge down and forward.

4. Remove the screws in the bottom right and left corners of the upper front panel.

5. Remove the screws coming in from inside the dryer in the upper right and left corners holding the front panel on. The front panel will then pull off and you can unclip the switch, unscrew it and replace it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?