Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** *****. I have a bravos washing machine,

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a bravos washing machine, model MVWX700xw1. I have run a scan, and I have the error code of F7 E1. I have read your post on a similar, but not same, model about replacing the actuator and motor control board. I think I can handle that. I have ordered an actuator, but when I search for motor control board, I can only find the main control board part. I think they are different. Do you have a part number for where I can get just hte motor control board?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The machine got the final drain/spin cycle. It drained but would not spin. When I tried to turn it on again, it would not go past the initial sensing and then the lid lock light would just flash. I had to unplug it and reset to get the lid to unlock. The basket spins freely by hand
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

You do not need to replace the motor control board for this error. All you need to do is replace the actuator. Below is a video that shows you how to replace it. Don't be confused by the part being made by Whirlpool. They own Maytag since 2006 so the washers are the same now.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?