Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Set stove to clean after 3-4 hours oven beeped displaying

Customer Question

Set stove to clean after 3-4 hours oven beeped displaying ERRF91.
Now cannot open oven door-can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So this error means that your door latch isn't working properly which is why the door isn't opening and unlocking right now. Try turning the breaker off to the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset. When you turn the circuit breaker on go inside and push on the door and hold it for a minute or two in case it's rubbing on the door latch not letting it release. If that doesn't work, then try to set the self clean, wait 60 seconds and cancel it to see if that will reset the door latch assembly. If nothing resets the door lock, then the door latch has just failed and will need to be replaced. The latch motor assembly is mounted on the back of the oven and has a long rod that goes to the front of the oven to lock the door. You'll need to pull the oven forward, remove the screws coming in from the back of the oven and take the entire back sheet metal panel off the oven. Now you can see the door latch mounted to the back of the oven toward the top of the oven cavity that you'd want to replace. Below is a link to the part with a picture so you can see what you're looking for and order it if needed.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?