Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Bosch she43m02uc/53 that is stuck in a drain cycle

Customer Question

Kelly,I have a Bosch she43m02uc/53 that is stuck in a drain cycle and will not stop no matter what you do. I have:1. push power button off and on- same result
2. Killed the breaker and reset- same result
3. poured water into system, it pumped it out and keeps running non-stop until you press power switch to turn it off.
4. replaced main board and tested again - same result.I have tried everything, but unit stays stuck in the same spot in drain cycle, timer ticks down time but not any time does it stop running. I verified water is available to the valve. Any ideas what I can do to get this washer back working?Thanks,Jeff
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

There is water in the base of the machine, under the tub, that has actuated the flood cycle. That water will need to be dried out to restore operation. You should be able to access enough by removing the panel below the door and tipping it forward. Be sure to turn the breaker off before doing so!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Kelly,I pulled the washer out and noticed that the micro switch that regulates water level had a wire rubbing on it. moved the wire out of the way and the washer filled with water and started to work normally. Glad I found it before tipping the unit. Also found that a mouse had chewed on the foam base that it was mounted to it, but luckily he didn't damage it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Nice work, that is an odd failure! Glad it was a simple fix!