Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I removed my ice container to empty and clean and now it

Customer Question

I removed my ice container to empty and clean and now it will not make any ice.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

This may just be a coincidence and the icemaker had actually stopped before you removed the bucket but since it had ice inside you didn't know. Either way, GE icemakers are a bit different. Try turning the switch off. Wait 60 seconds and turn the switch back on. Push the white paddle in 3 times slowly within 15 seconds. Then wait 2 minutes. You should see the icemaker start to cycle. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.