Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Maytag model mf12568aew the control panel seams to

Customer Question

I have a Maytag model mf12568aew the control panel seams to have locked it will not dispense water or ice
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I just filled a glass with ice and water now it will not dispense anything I unplugged and re plugged it in and locked and unlocked the control panel
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Has some one filled a large container of chilled water recently?calling for water for over a 2 minute period

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any ideas

Ok this unit has a known issue that causes the main control board to lock the dispenser functions to unlock it you have to reprogram the main control board to all zero`s 0000 then reprogram the code on the model /serial tag.

Here is how to program it .

You have to program the codes both the zeros then the correct code if you program it too slow it will not take.

Programming Mode: NOTE: The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.

1. Press and hold the Door Alarm Keypad .

2. Press and hold Freezer Temperature Down Keypad .

3. Release the Door Alarm Keypad and wait 3 seconds.

4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.

5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad once more.

6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate. NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing Door Alarm Keypad for 3 seconds.

7. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Up Keypad or Refrigerator Down Keypad to change the digit value with each key press.

8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the Freezer Temperature Up Keypad to select the next digit.

9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the Freezer Temperature Down Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved.

NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000).Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated. The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing Door Alarm key for 3 seconds or will exit if unattended for four minutes.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Still nothing

so you programmed it to all ZERO`s then closed the door then reprogrammed it to the units code on the tag?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It shot a little water out than stopped

will the ice dispense?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No jostling hums a little than stopped ice bin is full

Ok so now they are working but just stopping correct?

They did not even attempt to work before you reprogrammed correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I programed to 0 I could not get it to stop blinking
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Until I put the correct code in

ok so now it is unlocked ,but the main control is stopping it from running both the chilled water and the ice after a short period of time.

The main control will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/12920710/1206507?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cost more than its worth not happy

Unfortunately I have no control over part prices. that is made up by the parts manufacturer and the selling dealer

Here is a cheaper price on the part from a different dealer.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/maytag-refrigerator-parts/67006389/0046/464/model-MFI2568AEW/3048/0161000.html

Do you still need assistance on your question?

If not I see you have not rated me as of yet this is not a FREE website!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did not receive any information that helped me please make sure you credit my account you have a guarantee I did not give permission and you charged me twice. You have until morning
Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need my money refunded I unplugged my refrigerator for 30 minutes plugged it in an now it works. You tried to make me by a part I did not need