Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Matag side by side refridgerator. The entire front

Customer Question

I have a Matag side by side refridgerator. The entire front door panel lights up and the lip of the ice portion keeps flipping back and forth . I checked the ice maker & released an icecube that got stuck in the coil. Took the ice cube out but the problem continues.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately this is a rather well known issue for these french door Maytag refrigerators. The problem is that your main HV (high voltage) control board on the back of your refrigerator has failed. This is not something you can just reset I'm sorry to say. The control board will need to be replaced. Now there are 2 possible boards for your model and you'll need to look at your serial number on the model sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section to order the correct board for your model.

If the serial starts with 10 or 11, order the part in the link below.

CLICK HERE for control board

If the serial starts with 12+ then order the part in the link below.

CLICK HERE for control board

The part is all plug and play and easy to access and replace if you just pull the refrigerator out and unplug the unit. The new board will need to be programmed so attached below are the instructions to program the new board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?