Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My air refrigerator is starting freezing, the milk is

Customer Question

my jen air refrigerator is starting freezing
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the milk is starting to freeze and when I open the door the temp read 30 degree. I changed it to 38 but it goes back to 30
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: what about those dials on the side of the refrigerator where should they be cold or coldest, looks like some ice is starting to form on these dials ( a little) like frost
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

This problem is typically a bad damper motor temperature sensor in the refrigerator. Depending on the exact model it was common for the refrigerator damper to break and then it stays open. This allows non stop airflow from the freezer to the refrigerator section causing the refrigerator section to freeze. This is fixable, but I would need the complete model off the unit to get you parts links.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU