Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I stop a gas burner from sparking?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the burners continue to spark if the spark switches below the burner knobs get wet or short out. Try to just unplug the oven for 24 hours and allow it to dry out. You can use a hair dryer to help assist but do not turn it on for 24 hours because if it's wet and you turn it on early, it has a high chance of shorting out permanently. Now usually you can just wait for 24 hours and it'll dry out and work like normal again. If not and it starts sparking when you plug the oven back in 24 hours later, then one of your spark switches below the cooktop has shorted and it doesn't matter which one because on Gemini units they come as an assembly with all the spark switches and the wiring harness to them. You would just have to replace the ignition harness and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?