Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My code i read is E56, frigeadare affinity washer. won't

Customer Question

my code i read is E56
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: frigeadare affinity washer. won't start the wash cycle. doesn't really make a hum noise. maybe a very faint hum if any. my code comes up E56
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

That error code means that the control detects the motor drawing too much current, which would make sense if you are hearing the motor humming or buzzing.

Unplug the washer and remove the drive belt. Spin the motor pulley. If it doesn't spin freely, replace the drive motor. If the motor spins freely, rotate the large drive pulley on the back of the washer tub to check the spin bearing. If the pulley doesn't spin freely, the outer tub and spin basket usually need to be replaced because a spin bearing failed. If the spin bearing is sound, check the resistance of the motor windings for a reading between 4 and 6 ohms. If the motor has failed, replace it. If the motor is sound, the speed control board usually needs to be replaced.

If you would like a link to the part you need after inspection, please post back with your complete model number.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.