Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My whirlpool cabrio wtw6700tw1 works fine min then when it

Customer Question

my whirlpool cabrio wtw6700tw1 works fine for 20 min then when it hits 30 min it stuck there and I get 5d error code can't seem to fix it. do you have a solution?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The error is SD and means that the control thinks the water is not able to be pumped out of the tub. Is there water that is not draining out?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The tub was overflowing so I put it drain and spin cycle and the water drained but the spin cycle was not working properly
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

If the tub was overlfowing but the water is able to drain out, the pressure switch hose is probably just plugged. That hose is plugged directly onto the main control board (number 1 in the diagram at the link below).

CLICK HERE

With the machine unplugged, remove that hose and blow through it to make sure it is all clear. If you find it was plugged, that should restore normal operation. If you clear it and the problem continues, the pressure circuit in the main control is faulty and the control will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!