Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a GEXL44 range in which neither the broiler nor the

Customer Question

I have a GEXL44 range in which neither the broiler nor the oven will light. Can you suggest possible cause(s). Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The neutral line to the igniters comes through the gas valve. Are you getting voltage from each igniter to ground? How about measuring between the two igniter wires?

If you have voltage from igniter to ground but not between the two wires, check to be sure the neutral line is good to the valve and if so, replace the valve.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.